For year 2010, my new year’s resolution was to become a warrior of prayer. As I face another new year, 2011, here I am sat down to make a new year’s resolution to be a prayer warrior again. Because of an unsatisfactory result of the past or never fulfilling nature of the task which I can’t tell, but somehow, I feel I need to renew this particular one for many many more years. At a recent revival gathering of a local church, the speaker gave a powerful message about prayer using Prophet Elijah as an excellent role model. The message points were:
1. Hardships or obstacles make people to pray. (17:1)
2. The essence of prayer is the heart of the praying person.
3. The warriors of prayer make challenges to impossibles. (18:19)
4. Faith is a must to have for a prayer warrior. (18:37-38, Eph. 6:16)
5. People of prayer never refuse cross. (18:22)
6. Warriors of prayer can recognize the sign of emerging blessings from God. (18:41)
7. Thus, let us be one of the 7000 reserved prayer warriors. (19:18) Oh, yes Lord help me to be a stronger warrior of prayer for this year.